NHS England 4 May 2018
- A summary of responses received to the consultation on simplifying arrangements relating to Excess Treatment Costs (ETCs) in non-commercial research and commercial contract research. accompanied by details of 12 agreed actions to support and apply research in the NHS.
- It includes key themes identified in the consultation responses, NHS England's response to these findings and a timeline for next steps.
- What will be implemented by April 2019
- Operation of refined ETC management models for CCG commissioned services using agreed CCG allocations and minimum
- Trust thresholds for 2019/20 Operation of refined ETC management model for specialised commissioning services using agreed minimum Trust thresholds for 2019/20
- Mechanism for assessing high value ETCs
- Mechanism for ongoing evaluation and refinement of ETC management models
- Continued oversight and reporting on ETC management models